I found that using the Leatherby Libraries E-Reference
Collections was very useful. This is a research method I never felt I would be
comfortable using. I always used the web to search for sites containing
information on the subject I was researching, mainly because it felt like the
easiest source of information. This week has taught me that the easiest sources
of information are not always the best sources of information. I found that
using the CRAAP test while researching helped me to discover which sources
would be the best and most useful sources. I found myself skimming sites and
articles for the information the CRAAP test said to look for, which helped me
to not waste time on sites, books and articles that were not relevant. I found that looking for information on the
author and their credibility was one of my most useful tools. I found myself immediately
searching for information on the author, which if not easily accessible, I moved
on to the next article. This tool made me think, if the author’s information
was not available, was the information on the site or in the article or book
even true?
This week has opened my mind and my eyes. I find myself not
being as fearful or intimidated by the thought of research. I look forward to
researching the topic of bullying in schools and more specifically I would like
to research methods of prevention. I would like to know how myself, as an
Educator (someday) can help to prevent bullying in school. I want to make a
difference in the lives of my students.

No comments:
Post a Comment